Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quote Of The Week 5


Mr. Bennet: How happy for you, Mr. Collins, to possess a talent for flattering with such... delicacy.
Elizabeth Bennet: Do these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are they the result of previous study?
Mr. Collins: They arise chiefly from what is passing of the time. And though I do sometimes amuse myself with arranging such little elegant compliments, I always wish to give them as unstudied an air as possible.
Elizabeth Bennet: Oh, believe me, no one would suspect your manners to be rehearsed.

~Pride and Prejudice (2005)

3 comments:

Ella said...

Ha ha:)
Love that quote!

Miss Dashwood said...

Me too. :)

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Fun quote!
I do wish that Mr. Bennet's quotes weren't given so frequently to Lizzy in the 2005 adaptation. Still funny. :)