Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wives and Daughters Read-Along

Long, long ago, when summer was here, I visited the Classics Club blog--this page in particular.  Jillian was, at the time, asking for volunteers to host read-alongs for classic books (do tell) over the next twelve months, and because I revel in over-committing myself and signing up to do things I don't actually have time for, I spontaneously offered to host a Wives and Daughters read-along for the month of December.

Which is why on Saturday a month-long read-along of Wives and Daughters will begin here on Yet Another Period Drama Blog.  There will be tags.  There will be discussion questions.  There will be a character throwdown.  There may be games.  There may even be a movie review, but that will be extracurricular because the event's supposed to be about the book, you know.   What do you have to do to join?  Follow this blog and read Wives and Daughters during the month of December-- that's it!  Oh, and snag this cute wee button for your blog, just to let everyone know you're participating (and leave me a comment).



I'm reading Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters during the month of December... are you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEP. I'm in! :D

Unknown said...

I've been looking forward to this ^.^ Count me in!! =))

Melody said...

Hahaha, but you're not even done with N&S yet... :P

I wish I could do this. *sniffle* But 'tis too long for me to want to read in a month. :P

Caroline L. said...

Ooo! fun! What with school and just plain life, I have no time to reread W+D with you. I did read it last year, so hopefully my memory (and the miniseries!) will suffice.

Hayden said...

wheee! I've already read the book, and I can't really read it again because I borrowed my copy...but can I still participate in the blog party-ness? Pwetty pweese?

Elizabeth said...

I think that I would like to participate, since I am reading it for school. :) Sorry this comment is so late. Well, I need to get started reading!