Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Time Has Come Once Again...


I totally am, you know.  Even though I don't like birds (but I do like french fries).  Why?  Well, Hobart has asked a good question.  Because... because MY BEST FRIEND IS HERE, AGAIN BESIDE ME.  Now I can die in-- wait a minute.

Yes, Cosette, yes, it's true-- Melody is with me once more.  Giving helpful suggestions as I write, in point of fact.  And we're smiling.  Because we're together and that makes us happier than birds with french fries.


Melody actually arrived a week ago but we've been so busy doing swellissimusnesses together that we simply haven't had time to write a blog post.  You may write blog posts, of course.  You will have nothing better to do.  We, on the other hand, are too fabulous to be tied down to blogging if our social schedules do not permit.  After all...


Um, anyways.  We've been having a great time.  Obviously.  Our reunion in the airport was everything we could have wished.

*it's
It hasn't really been forever-- it's been eight months, but where best friends are concerned it's kind of the same thing.


We are totes crazy and super perf adorbs when we get together.  The world has difficulty handling this level of awesomeness, which is why we can't do it more often.  The many miles that separate our respective homes also factor into the equation.  Somewhat.


However, it is a mark of lazy blogging to merely fill one's post with Pinterest pictures, so perhaps I should tell you what we've been up to: mostly late night chats and lots of tea and period dramas and giggling.  Because giggling is what we do best.  Certain fictional characters bear a rather large brunt of our humor.  (James Dowland, we scowl and point our fists at you.)


For realsies, though, I am so very thankful to have Melody as a friend-- the joy and delight she's brought into my life cannot be matched by anything else in the world, and our kindred-spirit-ness surpasses anyone else's in the history of ever.  (No, seriously, it does.  Anne and Diana ain't got nothin' on us.)


Hope this post brought a little smile to your face today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha yep.... and happy April Fools day to you, Miss Dashwood!

You didn't fool me this year. ;)

- The Elf

Naomi Pitts said...

Errr is this a joke? It's Aprils fools days you know...
It sounds too good to be true... but I feel I must believe you! Oh you are just so lucky to have a good friend who you can meet for the second time.
I envy you.. yes, this post did make me smile. I am so happy for you (unless it's all a joke) :P

Emma Jane said...

Waaaiiit....is this a joke?

If it isn't, of course I'm very happy for you both. But I'm pretty sure it is.

:-P

~Emma

Natalie said...

Haha, I didn't believe a word of this post. I was hesitant at first...but as I read on I was sure it was a joke. :O) Happy April Fool's Day!

Marie said...

I'm so happy for you two! Glad you're having fun…like you wouldn't be…:)

Mykaela said...

So, have to ask...is this an April Fools' post? Because I am prepared this year. :P So you and Melody aren't actually together, I would presume? :D

Olivia said...

Hi, Miss Dashwood! I've nominated you for the Sunflower Award on my private blog. If you'd like to view the details I can send you an invitation by email!:)

Naomi Pitts said...

BWhahahahaha!!!! You managed to fool me....
On rereading this post and on reading the other comments the other people wrote I am now convinced that this is all untrue.
I always was hesitant, but I wasn't absolutely sure... but I am now :P
Well done! ;) That was fun... :-)

Jessica said...

I know all about the scowling and pointing fist routine. It is even funnier when little girls do it at fiddle contests. ;-)
Glad you are having a great time! I wish I could have come and watched Jane Eyre with you!